Friday 10 July 2009

Happy!

I'm eighteen years old.
Eighteen.
Not 20, not 30, not 40.
Eighteen.

20 years ago, it was taboo for an eighteen year old to get pregnant and have babies. Now, I know by name at least 6 girls who are due this year. And I'm the third eldest girl in my year. That's pretty scary, right?
But, scary as it may be, it doesn't half make you broody. It's all about the sprogs at the minute, and I just can't stop thinking about them. They're all over the blogs I read, all over the shows I watch and the magazines I read. My Cosmo horoscope for August even says: "All your questions about love can be answered by one word: babies."
Shit.
It's like I've got a devil on one shoulder saying "you need a baby - your need to reproduce is now, now, NOW!" and on the other hand i've got "uni, money, work, money, career, money, social life, money, THEN BABY." We are losing the age of the working girl, the age of the career woman and seeing young mums and Lorelai Gilmores.
Don't worry, I don't think I'll be having offspring just yet. Univeristy first, then we'll see. :)

In other news, it was my prom on the 4th July. It was pretty good actually, despite the fact that after seven years of being at that school I still feel unknown.
I went with Boyfriend, in a taxi, wearing a gorgeous Monsoon dress and danced the night away. It was smushy and lovely and the morning after I walked 5K in aid of Cancer Research at the Race For Life.

It's amazing to not feel stressed out for once.
I love things.
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit your shit.